Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The end of.....soy sauce....?

So something very odd has been happening as of late....maybe the last 2-3 weeks or so.......but before i go into that, just a little back ground on "soy sauce"

i was playing ball one day and was killing it against some of the people didnt really know my name. well one guy called me soy sauce all of a sudden probably thinking 1....this guy is asian so that name is pretty funny/cool or 2. will was just too hard of a name to remember. now....ive gotten plenty of nicknames given to me when playing but i chose to stick to that one. so it caught on...people called me that in everything i did...i mean...i am pretty darn good at everything (fyi...soy sauce is good on everything too...) so long story short...william = soy sauce...my alter ego...my court name....you get the point.

so anyway....

ive been on this biggest slump the last 2-3 weeks....and dont mind if i use common cliches but i must. I have been playing like garbage in my first love aka basketball. I cannot hit a shot to save my life. I COULDNT EVEN HIT SAND IF I FELL OFF A CAMEL. now this is weird but....well...i dont mean to brag but i do have one of the most wonderful jumpshots you have ever seen. really looks like a clone of ray allen's jumper. I mean....the many camps ive been to and all the shooting coaches...you would think i'd be able to put the ball in the damn bucket. its not just that...my game just isnt on point and something is just off about it.

now on to football....i play in a couple leagues during the week but recently its been off too. I'm making a few mental errors and not making the same plays ive been making as usual. even tonight...the one i remember was a bomb that was in my hands but somehow hit my head on the way down. might have wanted to shoot myself right there. and serious....I COULD NOT EVEN CATCH A COLD IF I WAS BUTT ASS NAKED IN ALASKA. it was like i was a scrub out there for 2 games and just wasnt there. and yesterday during practice and a scrimmage.....i could just get my timing down pat with my QB.....kinda sucks when the #1 receiver sucks ass for some odd reason.

now i know what some people may be thinking...he's asian....he cant be that good. but oh how you are wrong people. i strike fear when i play people bc they know im a player. what happened to the days where i hear someone on the opposing team's fans yell out...."dont let the chinaman get the ball!" or "who the fuck is guarding him...why is he always scoring?" now where's the guy who avg over 20 pts a game in league play and got asked to try out for a semi pro team? what about the guy who was a ball hawk and caught everything around him? now dont get me wrong, i have been in shooting slumps and have days where things dont go right but damn....for 2-3 weeks. I honestly think its something upstairs....something mentally thats going on thats making me play like this. i kinda think i know what it is but....yeah....i actually think that i do.

so until then....

i proclaim the temporary end of soy sauce for the time being...not the death bc it will come back....it should come back at least. So until further notice....no more soy sauce....i will be WEAK SAUCE from now on. at least if i have that name i will do whatever i need to go to get back on the right track. 

and there....is my wednesday post....

also...on a totally different subject....i refuse to believe that pizza hut went to italy and fooled a bunch of real italian people in a restaurant to think that the lasagna they were eating was authentic. then have them clap in amazement once they found out it was pizza hut. they dont even have pizza hut in italy!! WTF....they must have known it was bunk pizza hut lasagna....

 

No comments: